I love to bake but I had never made cake pops. I didn’t realize how fun and cute they are! We got a package in from Wilton and I eagerly skimmed the book and went out shopping to buy the cake mix and frosting. I found out real quick how easy they are to make. Especially if you buy a boxed cake mix.
The first batch I made dropped on the floor. We rolled them into balls and I placed them in the refrigerator. The next morning I opened the fridge and the pan fell on the floor. All the cake pops rolled across the floor.
The second time around was successful. And for being our first cake pops I think they turned out great!
Here’s what we used:
1 cake mix
1 can of frosting
2 packages of Wilton Candy Melts (yellow and red)
Wilton Icing Decorations Funny Face animals
1 package of Wilton 8″ Lollipop Sticks
1 Wilton Pops Container Gift Kit
Mini chocolate chips
Here’s what I did to make the cake balls.
Bake cake according to package. Allow cake to cool. Crumble cake in large bowl. Make sure it is crumbled well. Add a cup of frosting and mix well with your hands. Yes it is messy but oh so fun! Place waxed paper on a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan. Roll the cake/icing mixture into balls. I then put them in the freezer for a couple of hours. Then I melted the candy melts in the microwave and let the kids have fun decorating! Ok, I’ll admit. I had as much fun as the kids! I think Wyatt ate more than he decorated and I did catch Madison eating a few times too.
Here’s pictures of the fun and also of the box of goodies I received from Wilton to review!
Wilton sent me a box of goodies to make cake pops. Wilton is also going to send one of my lucky readers a box similar to mine.
Visit Wilton. Then come back here and leave a comment telling me what you would buy if money were not an issue. Have fun! (must be done first or all other entries will not count.)
- Follow Wilton on facebook and twitter. (1 entries each) Leave facebook or twitter name or it does not count.
- Follow me on Facebook, Google+, Pinterest . (1 entry for each) Leave name or it does not count.
- Subscribe via email, you must activate subscription (upper right corner, leave email addy or it does not count)**If you followed Dawn’s Daily Diggs you will need to register with Life Simply Fabulous or it does not count. (3 entries)
- Follow me on Twitter. (1 entry)
- Tweet this message “#Win a fun box full of goodies from Wilton! http://www.lifesimplyfabulous.com/?p=3147 @WiltonCakes @lifesimplyfabulous #Contest #Giveaway” (can tweet every 6 hours)(must leave link below) (1 entry per tweet)
- Leave a message on my Facebook account telling me what you like to bake. (1 entry)
- Like the post on Facebook. (1 entry)
Contest ends May 1, 2012 at midnight EST. Winners have 48 hours to get address to me or I will choose another winner. Contest is open to US only.
Disclosure: I received a box of goodies from Wilton. I did not receive any money to write this review. My thoughts are 100% my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.